“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

Wednesday 23 September 2015

CATHOLIC CUTLURE WORKS!


Forget everything you know about the separation of Church and State!

How's that for a welcome back line?

I haven't been posting much over the last little while for a lot of different reasons. One of those points involves giving over more time to my family and helping to raise my little girl.

With that in mind, my wife and I have been exploring the world of Traditional Catholicism during the past few months. The funny thing is (in an ironic way) the more you immerse yourself into history, the more you see the value and beauty of the Catholic Church... and the more you want to reject modernism in all its forms.

In that vein, I've had a lot of fun learning about where Catholics come from and how we've arrived at the mess we're in today. One writer in particular has stood out in my journey and that man is Michael Davies.

I first came across his work back in July when I was learning more about how bad the French Revolution actually was. Then boom... here's this talk on the Rising of the Vendee.

Here's my plea of ignorance. It's not like this information was never available or unknown. If you're like me, though, you probably never heard of these guys.

For me, this information was an awakening for me to Catholic culture and how valuable the teachings of the Church can be for our lives.

As Catholics, we're called to carry our faith outside our parishes. We're not supposed to check it at the Church door after Mass and forget about it for the rest of the week. The Vendee prove how living out the faith can work for your community if everyone is embracing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RORATE CÆLI

Whispers in the Loggia

ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Vericast

News.va

EWTN News - World Catholic News

Catholic News Agency Daily News

Creative Minority Report

CatholicCulture.org - Catholic World News

AmericanCatholic.org

The Catholic Key Blog

The Integrated Catholic Life™

LifeNews.com

Credo Catholic

Crisis Magazine

Catholic Herald

Catholic Tech Talk

Catholic Web Services

The Deacon's Bench

Catholic Morality

The Roman Road

Call To Holiness

The Sacred Page

The Busy Catholic